[aprssig] RFM22B UHF Transceiver Module

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:43:49 EST 2012

I think this is a "Holy Grail" kind of quest (no, not the ones with
African or European Swallows).  The quest to get working GMSK 9600 APRS on
a RFM-22B is one worthy of the attention of some of the really smart folks
around here.  RFM-22-equipped trackers with $30 GPS modules, powered by 4
AA batteries with a $5 Atmega chip driving the whole thing, would be a
huge win for race tracking, parade management, scout management, etc.  I'm
using the RFM22 for another (semi-commercial) project, but I'll be happy
to contribute anything I learn.  If someone is really willing to take on
figuring out a two-way 9600bps APRS Tracker for 430MHz, I'd be willing to
front a couple of modules and an arduino.

John Gorkos
AB0OO