[aprssig] APRS In China

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 10:54:27 EST 2012

--- On Thu, 12/6/12, Stephen H. Smith wrote that:
Steve Noskowicz wrote:
  I did similar and it is a bit rough, but it appears they are selling APRS for commercial purposes.

Excerpted from the microphone page:

""  ...view the industry, such as: logistics, public security, fire protection, forestry, oil exploration, mining, customs, urban management, transportation, Maritime Bureau, taxi, transport of dangerous goods, paragliding, wild rescue, mountain adventure. ...""
73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)

AND RESPONDED
> Wonderful.  So now we are going to have commercial users
> flooding the APRS-IS?
> (They seem to be playing up APRS.fi as the back end.)

Steve sez:
  YEP!
  Sounds like lots of work writing filters...

  I wish there was a way to exclude the Civ Wx stations from the data/displays.  They get in the way sometimes when looking for ham stations.  They take up space in Findu's stations near page.
73, Steve, K9DCI