[aprssig] Ideal Tracker Spec

Phil Lapsley phil_aprssig at lapsley.org
Thu Dec 6 00:20:31 EST 2012

Hey, Bryan.  Thanks for asking the list.

I agree with what others have posted regarding the functionality of the "industry standard" (T2, TT3/4, etc.) trackers as being "must haves."

Since you have a Linux host and and ethernet built in, it seems like you would want also to have an igate (rx or tx) built in as well.  An easy way to do this would be to use the APRX software on the Linux host.  Were you to do so, it would be ideal to be able to configure it either via a simple web interface or simply by uploading your own aprx.conf file to it.  Providing access to the aprx-rf.log file (e.g., via web download or ftp or something) would be a must-have -- log files are incredibly useful for debugging.  Adding the RSSI on each received packet to the log would also be helpful.

73,

Phil, N6TCT