[aprssig] AX.25 RR bit test - possible format

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 4 18:04:45 EST 2012

Come to think of it, however we will display these bits, we cannot mess up
the present display of the FROM>TO calls and the display needs to
separately display the bits for each of the header callsign fields.

One method might be something like [RR:FFTTDDddDDdd...] inserted like
TNC's do when they display the MCOM <UI> and other such parameters

Where [RR:...] identifies the overall format of reporting the RR bits
Where FF are the values of the FROM RR bits
Where TT are the values of the TO RR bits
Where DD and dd ... are the values of each digi field (up to seven pairs)

Just a thought.  We cannot easily insert the [FF] and [TT] and [DD] in
every field without having to redo a lot of parsers, so I though putting
them all in one BRACKET field might be an idea...

Bob, Wb4APR