[aprssig] delayed packets.

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:13:44 EST 2012

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012, Andrew P.  wrote:

> And, alas, another one: my YAAC program on any O/S when given a near-planetary-sized feed. The Java garbage collector can occasionally freeze the program for long intervals (10's of seconds) when cleaning up an extremely large memory heap (over 1 Gb).
>
> But then, I never intended YAAC to be used for planetary-sized feeds (though I do test it there periodically to ensure some short-term performance flaw hasn't slipped in during development). Most people don't have high-enough-resolution screens to see local stations for the entire planet. ;-)

Not as interesting as enabling Fesival (Speech) in Xastir and then hooking to a full internet feed....

I can be 30 minutes or more -AFTER- you frantically turn off the feed before the stupid thing stops blabbing!  Very funny though.  We've all done it at least a couple of times.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html