[aprssig] K6RPT-12 Now Near Chicago - Hearing It Direct Off RF

mwbesemer at cox.net mwbesemer at cox.net
Mon Dec 3 11:55:46 EST 2012

Looks like it's going to go feet dry right where I *USED* to live.

Drat!

73,

Mike
WM4B

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

  On 12/3/2012 11:47 AM, Lee Bengston       wrote:

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com>
<javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('wa8lmf2 at aol.com')> wrote:
My various maps have been plotting the K6RPT-12 balloon flight from the
APRS
Internet feed.

It is currently near Chicago, and I am now hearing directly on RF from
my
QTH in central Michigan.  (Haslett, MI about 5 miles from East Lansing,
MI. Pretty cool - my Xastir and APRSIS32 instances both show it over
Lake
Michigan with a speed of over 200mph.  The GPS issues are resulting in
a pretty strange track, however.

Lee - K5DAT
WOW!   I'm getting something approaching a DOS (denial-of-service)
attack on my UI-webserver right now.

This server running on a home cable modem with a dynamic IP (i.e.
only about 400K upstream) was hit 53 times in the first minute and
half after I made the original post above to four APRS lists
(Yahoo! UIview, Yahoo.uk Crosscountry Wireless, Yahoo! CA APRS and
this TAPR list).