[aprssig] Shark Trackers

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:27:23 EDT 2012

Actually, these have been around for awhile. I'd not thought of porting
the data to Firenet but that's a good idea, especially looking at things
like the Gulf Stream and the various gyres that'd be identified.

Most of the dense data seems to come from Horizon Marine and is not
freely available in anything resembling real time. Some, but not all,
does seem to become available after some embargo period. They're selling
the results of the real-time data to active customers.

gerry