[aprssig] KPC9612+ APRS RFI

Matthew Willis mattwillis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 20:14:36 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> wrote:
> Most likely NO.  The 9612 is an discontinued product.

The 9612 _plus_ doesn't appear to be discontinued on Kantronics' web site.
http://kantronics.com/products/kpc9612.html

For what it's worth, I don't seem to have "birdies" from my 9612+, so
I'm not sure it's a product _design_ flaw, tho there are multiple
revisions of the hardware out there.
Regardless, I'd go with Stephen's suggestions of using chokes/ferrite
cores on all the leads in and out and see if that helps anything as a
first step.

-lilmatt N2PYI