[aprssig] APRS Local Info Initative TM-D710A compatibitility

Sander Pool sander_pool at pobox.com
Thu Apr 26 22:04:06 EDT 2012

Yes, it would be great if more repeaters were represented by APRS-IS
objects so they're visible on various web sites. Repeater owners don't
seem very interested in advertising their repeaters this way
unfortunately. Naturally it would be great if repeater objects were put
on RF with coverage comparable to the repeater they describe.

I suppose a smart repeater could periodically switch to the APRS
frequency and transmit the object if the repeater when not in use,
assuming it's a 2m repeater, of course. I doubt most repeaters have this
capability but it would be a way to avoid having to install another
radio and antenna at the repeater site.

73,

     Sander W1SOP