[aprssig] Maryland/Deleware Balloon Friday 1300

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Apr 24 11:37:27 EDT 2012

DELMARVA Hams:  We are going to launch an APRS balloon at about 1300 on
Friday if we get it all together by then.  It will drift at about 5000 feet
with a radio range of only about 100 miles or so.  It has a wireless 2.4 GHz
live camera on Channel 1.

We will command cut-down somewhere over the eastern shore to assure recovery
before the Atlantic...

We will probably use the 146.82 (T156) Salsbury repeater during the chase?

Info on http://aprs.org/balloons.html

You'll probably need some kind of 2.4 GHz dish to see it beyond a mile or
so.  We have a 4' dish on a van with an AZ/EL tracker that we hope to be
able to follow it with.

Bob, WB4APR