[aprssig] Pebble Smart Watch

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Thu Apr 19 12:51:46 EDT 2012

Georg,

Glad to hear you are already thinking about it!  I saw it as a great way to display received messages, maybe track a single station's status or maybe even display a station list, with the ability to select a station in the list and view more information on them.  I think the real beauty is, we don't have to keep loading the watch with data, just have the watch ping the phone/tablet for requested info.  The only exception would be when you are in station list mode.  I think this would be nice to have updated anytime a station is added to the list.

For now just display of received data would be nice, but getting to the point of replying to messages would be very nice.  Perhaps canned messages, instead of trying to compose a message on the fly with the limited user interface on the watch.

Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC
www.rpc-electronics.com