[aprssig] APRS remote WX opportunity

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Apr 18 16:24:31 EDT 2012

A 30m station for your ground-based excursion would have a better chance
of being received.  The same is probably even true for the solar weather
stations, which, BTW, I'd have set to every 5 minutes because at 10
minutes you'd stand a pretty good chance of missing entire the shorter
ISS traversals.

PS.  I'm still looking for a good, cheap, lightweight, 30m APRS tracking
system for back-country packing use.  It'd be a bonus if it could handle
reception as well enabling APRS messaging when the conditions are right.