[aprssig] Excessive beacons/connects by "smart" IS clients

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Apr 15 16:33:06 EDT 2012

There is absolutely no reason, IMHO, for connecting and disconnecting
for each beacon.  APRSISCE/32 establishes a connection to an APRS-IS
server and maintains that connection until an error is encountered, it
goes quiet too long (missing heartbeats indicating a non-error-detected
loss of connection), or the client is closed.

If there's an APRS-IS client out there that is connecting, beaconing,
and disconnecting, then I would consider that to be a busted client
which needs to be fixed, regardless of the beacon frequency.