[aprssig] APRS message-handling algorithms / libraries

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Sun Apr 8 23:56:08 EDT 2012

Back in 2001-2003, I worked on a Java APRS application framework called JeAPRS.   The project is out on http://jeaprs.dev.java.net.  There is a packet parsing and formatting framework there, as well as an application base, that I did not get to finish before I got pulled off to do some other things and just didn't get back to it.  I used to run it in my car/truck on an iOpener PC that I had running linux.  John Gorkos chose to go ahead and roll his own, and he is working on it, so you might get better results using what he's put together.

I tried, early on, to get the HAM community interested in cross platform portability available in Java.  I just could not get any traction at that time, and I lost interest.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW