[aprssig] TT4 Config for High Altitude Balloon

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 21:04:48 EDT 2012

I may have a fundamental misunderstanding of the WIDEN-n paradigm, then.
I thought that a digi configured for WIDEN-n would see a WIDE2 packet as
an undigipeated WIDE2-0, and would then digipeat it and either mark the
WIDE2 as used (WIDE2*) or insert its own call in the digi path, and remove
WIDE2 altogether.  Is the SSID of 1 essential to having a WIDEN-n digi
pick it up, or is it enough that the WIDE2 with an SSID of 0 be there?  Do
different DIGIs treat this differently (I.e. Do soft digis like APRSX and
DigiNED act differently than KPC3?

John Gorkos