[aprssig] APRSDroid on Kindle Fire?

Rob VK6UFO at multiline.com.au
Sun Apr 8 19:37:28 EDT 2012

On 08/04/12 22:14, Earl Needham wrote:
> THAT works!  I removed 0.6 and installed the OSM version, and it works
> just fine -- except I can't figure out how to enter either -103 or
> 103W or W103 in the manual position -- my Kindle Fire has left me and
> is now just outside of LANZHOU, CHINA!  LOL!

The lat and long are in signed degrees. There are a few online tools to
retrieve your location in various formats. This is one of them
http://f6fvy.free.fr/qthLocator/fullScreen.php

Click on your location and the popup will give you lat and long in
signed degrees as well as a couple of other formats.

Eg Boston returns:
-----
Long : -71.05614 W (-71° 3' 22'' W)
Lat : 42.36311 N (42° 21' 47'' N)
QTH locator : FN42LI
----
You would use Lon "-71.05614" and Lat "42.36311" for that location.

Give that a try when your Kindle returns from holidays

--
Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN