[aprssig] APRSDroid on Kindle Fire?

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Sun Apr 8 07:08:34 EDT 2012

Hi Earl,

* Earl Needham <earl.kd5xb at gmail.com> [2012-04-08 08:17]:
> Probably part of my problem. I have version 0.6 here, and when I try
> to install the latest version, I get am error stating "application not
> installed".

sorry to tune in so late, I'm on a holiday trip and can check my email
only occasionally.

Versions <1.0 are not compatible with the more recent ones and need to
be uninstalled beforehand. (This is due to a certificate change I had to
perform to be accepted by Google Market.)

Also, the Kindle seems to have trouble with the Google Maps library, see
https://github.com/ge0rg/aprsdroid/issues/34 for the APRSdroid bug
report.

I have created a hopefully fixed OSM-based version that should install
on the Fire even without Google Maps:

http://aprsdroid.org/download/builds/APRSdroid-gl-2012-04-08_osm.apk

Please see http://aprsdroid.org/osm/ for its usage instructions.

Feel free to contact me here or off-list if you have any other issues
with APRSdroid!

73 de Georg, DO1GL
--
APRSdroid - Open Source APRS Client for Android ++ http://aprsdroid.org/m