[aprssig] APRSDroid on Kindle Fire?

Rob VK6UFO at multiline.com.au
Sat Apr 7 22:23:12 EDT 2012

On 08/04/12 06:40, Earl Needham wrote:
> I was kinda hoping to get at least some position info from WIFI, or
> else be able to manually input my position.
>
> I've got APRSDroid installed (finally), but there doesn't seem to be
> any way to input my position.

You can run APRSDroid without a GPS.

For a manual position,
Go into preferences, select 'Location Source' and choose 'Manual Position.'
Go into preferences, select 'Location Settings' and enter the lat and
lon as signed decimal degrees.

For network assisted,
Go into preferences, select 'Location Source' and choose 'Periodic
GPS/Network Position.'
Go into preferences, select 'Location Settings' and turn on 'Use network
location'

I've never used the network assisted but I use manual quite a bit when I
want to give an obscured position better than position ambiguity gives.

--
Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN