[aprssig] APRS tracking the EV Ford Focus across the USA

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 17:42:25 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 15:39, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
<ldeffenb at homeside.to> wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, the electric car won't actually have an APRS
> tracker on board?  We're expected to spot it with eyeballs and put up an
> object that's not too far out of date by the time it appears on the network?

It looks to me like they have a commercial tracking system of some
sort that feeds the map on their webpage.

You could use their webpage to determine their position and place an
APRS object at that position... you could even write a program to
scrape their webpage and do this automatically (but this won't be
possible until they post the live map).

Tom KD7LXL