[aprssig] Tomtom's For APRS (Question)

Sander Pool sander_pool at pobox.com
Sun Apr 1 23:20:00 EDT 2012

  If you did not need to install a driver that simply means you already
had a driver for the USB device installed. Silicon Laboratories must
have provided the serial to USB adapter for some other device you
already own. The installer is more than 8MB which is think is rather
huge. I made no statement about overengineering of the D72. I was
talking about the serial adapter driver.

Great news that you had a Linux driver too. If it could be ported to ARM
then it may work on the Raspberry PI which would validate my earlier
statement that these cheap Linux SOC based controllers may well take
over from smaller AVR and PIC based micro controllers.

73,

     Sander W1SOP