[aprssig] Shack backup power

KBØNLY kb0nly at mchsi.com
Sun Sep 11 17:13:18 EDT 2011

I don't see solar as an emergency power source, I wouldn't ever rely on it
as such.  To me it’s a good gimmick to reduce the electrical consumption of
an average american home, but until the cost of solar comes down from absurd
I will stick with my $.075 per kWh grid power and a generator for backup.

I would like grid tie solar some day to offset the consumption of the few
things running all day here, but I am glad I didn’t get all fired up this
spring, it would have all been lost to the tornado and hail.  We had hail
large enough to punch dents deep enough in steel roofing to cause it to
crack, a solar cell wouldn't stand a chance.

73,

Scott KBØNLY