[aprssig] YagTracker Update!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 9 10:36:22 EDT 2011

YagTracker!

Wow, an AMAZING device.  Now anyone can add APRS DISPLAY capability to any radio...  and a REAL info display, not another dumb tracker!

I love the histogram and the messaging.  Also the map display is very useful.  The one thing I might suggest for the map display is a range circle overlay.  With the range circle one can instantly grasp the "scale" of the view.

The original APRSdos had this.  2 circles are fine.  One the size of the screen, and the other half that size.  They remain fixed at all zooms, and the only  thing that changes is the scale.

At the 8 mile scale the outer circle is 8 and the inner one is 4.  Zoom out to the 64 mile scale and the inner circle is 32 and the outer one is 64. etc

Bob, WB4APR