[aprssig] OT: FRS & Type Acceptance WAS: Clubs, FRS ...teams

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 21:42:42 EDT 2011

--- On Sat, 9/3/11, aprssig at k7ftp.net <aprssig at k7ftp.net> wrote:

>  Most of the FRS radio manufacturers
> also offer headphone/earphone and speaker/mic units for
> their radios and have jacks for these accessories - usually
> to the Icom-type or Kenwood standards, Garmin has their own
> for the Rino radios.
>
> Therefore, they must all be breaking the rules if your
> interpretation is to be accepted.

I realize the post was long, but I quoted the full section earlier in the same post that explains that accessories must be certified with the FRS unit.  Since Alex referred to that section, I was addressing Alex's conclusion (regarding Bob's uncertified accessory), quoted directly above it, in order to emphasize the pertinent parts of that section .194.

.

73, Steve, K9DCI