[aprssig] deaf, dumb and blind

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:58:40 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Bob Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> Am watching the flight of the U Alabama Balloon from Huntsville to N. GA. (UAH-1) It just landed in the woods and is still hitting the local digi.  You can see exactly where it is.
>
> There is not a chase vehicle in sight.

Because the balloon traveled in the jet stream at speeds of over 100
MPH and the chase team is stuck on the ground following roads.

> But there are at least 3 local APRS mobiles within 10 miles and everyone of them is a deaf, dumb and blind APRS tracker.

Callsigns?  All I see (via aprs.fi) are weather stations,
infrastructure nodes, and a couple of UI-View mobiles.  One of them is
a frequent chase volunteer, who happens to be at the landing site, and
the other is traveling on the interstate.

> Ain't deaf-dumb-and blind APRS just great. :-(

I don't understand what you're ranting about here, Bob.

-Jason
kg4wsv