[aprssig] deaf, dumb and blind (rescue)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Oct 29 13:37:08 EDT 2011

WA4YYM to the rescue!

I see WA4YYM barrelling down the road, beaconing his "Balloon chasing" and arriving in the driveway of the owner.  Now I can see the balloon about 200' a way in the trees...

Now 20 minutes later, I see the balloon has moved to the backyard of the house.  I can see it now.  A bunch of hams standing around explainig it to the owner.

Wow, this is like the CIA and their drones.  Im in Connecticut watching a recovery in Georgia!  This is slick.

I have never actually watched a balloon chase LIVE via the APRS-IS before..    TOo bad google earth resolution in North Georiga cannot quite see the individual trees like you can in some areas.... but you can see the guy's house (or trailer)...

Bob, WB4aPR
Bob, WB4APR