[aprssig] Soundcard Packet Analyzer

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 22:12:06 EDT 2011

Nice idea.

  And if it can decode the packet, it should display it so you know who to contact.  I haven't listened lately,but a while back there was a signal around NE Illinois with a squeal before the pasket and it wouldn't decode on the D7 ot D700.
The variation in the sound of the various packets is quite striking.

  Being from the "old school" (whatever that is) it always fried me when the younger Engineers (@ Motorola) wouldn't have a speaker on while measuring receivers, but just reading the digital readouts of the HP test equipment.
  Hey! it's HP, it has to be reading correctly.  Sure, but just WHAT is it reading??

Whlne, Whine, "but I, or someone else in the lab, dislikes the 1 kc tone while measuring SINAD..."

Last time I checked a Doppler worked quite well on an APRS squwak.

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)