[aprssig] Sending email- TNC in CONVERS mode

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Oct 21 20:05:34 EDT 2011

> I'm trying to send an email while in CONVERS mode
> on a KPC 9612 (user is terminal).  I've connected
> to a nearby digi but am not sure of the proper format
> for the message.  Hope somebody is familiar with this.

Confusing wording.  There is no such thing as a "connection" on APRS.  If
you mean that you are being digipeated by the digi, then "hitting" might be
a better word.

Just send a packet in this format:

:EMAIL....:emailladdress at whatever.com message goes here

The .... are spaces to pad the destination address always to 9 bytes.

Bob, Wb4APR