[aprssig] Satellite positions: FREQUENCY

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Oct 18 21:06:57 EDT 2011

The DIGI_NED model only works when directly connected to local RF.  And
that requires local operators to do the configuration and maintenance to
keep it going.

I'm trying to offer a globally-accessible satellite information
service.  I'm not trying to replace what DIGI_NED has accomplished at
the local level, but provide something new and functional from a much
broader perspective and service area.  And without QRMing the local RF
channel when no-one is listening.

There is no way in APRS for a central server to push information out to
a local RF APRS network except by sending an APRS message directed to a
station that was recently heard local to an IGate.  And the only way to
reliably know that is to design and implement a centralized query /
response system.