[aprssig] Satellite positions: User Statistics

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Oct 16 09:08:01 EDT 2011

I only quoted the statistics at the moment because I monitor them
routinely and they really don't vary as much as you might expect.
Install a copy of APRSIS32, attach it to a full feed (port 10152) and
you can see the dynamics as well.  The numbers will be parentheticals in
the View menu drop-down, especially View / Platforms and View / Transport.

Also, your target for the satellite auto-responder may be mobiles, and
they may be the users that stand the most to benefit, but my target is
any APRS user that has a passing curiosity and messaging capability.