[aprssig] AutoResponders talking to AutoResponders

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Oct 15 23:37:38 EDT 2011

Autoanswer is something I dislike intensly.  We put it in there for SPECIAL use when for example, one is at the EOC involved in anevent and has to step away for a few minutes.

Then and only then, an AUTOANSEWER message might make sense.  ... "I'll be back at 1320".. for example.

It is an abomination to leave it on all the time!  DUH!  APRS provides ACKS.  THERE IS NO NEED FOR A ROUTINE AUTO ANSWER!

Bob, WB4APR