[aprssig] Satellite positions: FREQUENCY

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Oct 15 16:29:17 EDT 2011

Regariding the courtesy posit that comes back with the Satellite prediction, should also come the FREQUENCY.

This is the format we used in the 1997 or so version of APRSdata that pushed these objects in local areas so any *mobile* in range of a satellite in view, wouild not only see that a satellite was in view, but also see the DIRECTION and DISTANCE and ELEVATION and FREQUECNY.  Everything he needed to make a quick satellite contact with his FM mobile.

Since then, now we even have the Kenwoods and Yaesu's that can one-button-tune to the indicated frequency.

So, the format for these courtesy position reports for Satellites should be:

SATNAME>APRSAT:=DDMM.mmN/DDDMM.mmWSCCC/999/FFF.FFFMHz EL %LOW  de KJ4ERJ

This will cause the radio to display the DIRECTION and DISTANCE to the satellie, and its frequency which can be instantly tuned with one button.  And the Kenwoods with voice synthesizer can speak the elevatio angle of HIGH , LOW or MEDIUM if spelled out (I think).

Bob, WB4APR

IN addition, the