[aprssig] APRS data via perl-to-tnc

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 08:55:37 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Shawn Stoddard <stoddard at pobox.com> wrote:
> Try \r instead. In most languages that is a return. Don't speak Perl.
> --

Yeah, \r is a carriage return in perl as well.  Have already tried
both \r and \n with no luck.  Yesterday I installed ser2net and was
able to telnet to the tnc that's on /dev/ttyUSB0.  Thinking I had it
licked because I've written lots of perl scripts using Net::Telnet, I
proceeded to beat my head against the wall because I still couldn't
get the tnc to give me a prompt.  Next I tried the perl expect.pm
module and spawned the same telnet client that had worked manually,
but still no dice.  The common denominator to all of the attempts is
perl.

One clue - when I run a script that attempts to illicit 'EH?' or
'cmd:' by sending various characters, and then I connect manually
immediately afterward, I get the expected responses to what the script
sent.  It's as if when the script is running I only have one-way
communication out the serial port.  Oh well, I've spent way too much
time on something I though would be relatively simple.

Lee - K5DAT