[aprssig] GPS interference?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 08:31:57 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Earl Needham <earl.kd5xb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just had another incident of the same, about 8 miles south of Melrose, New
> Mexico.  Since there isn't much there, on a hunch I decided to turn off the
> GPS-V.  IMMEDIATELY the truck computer found the sats again, so --

A few years ago I had a similar  problem except the older gps was the
"victim".  My GPS-II Plus was working fine for APRS until the whole
family went on a trip, which added my wife's new NUVI into the mix.  I
had to move the GPS-II up on top of dash where it had a clearer view
and keep it at least a few feet from the NUVI.  Without the NUVI in
the car, it worked fine from a convenient slot in the dash that didn't
have as clear of a view to the sky.  The GPS-II Plus didn't affect the
NUVI, though.

Lee - K5DAT