[aprssig] GPS interference?

Earl Needham earl.kd5xb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:19:29 EST 2011

Anybody know if Lightsquared is testing in Colorado?

Last night, while driving the 18-wheeler up I25, my old Garmin GPS-V (for APRS) lost the sats 6 or 8 times -- in Trinidad, Pueblo, and Denver.  I first thought my GPS-V was dieing of old age -- but then I noticed the truck computer was losing the GPS signal at the same time. My Dezl 560LMT didn't seem to be affected.

I called my company this morning and they told me that some of our drivers had reported similar problems in the Southeast.

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks,
Earl