[aprssig] Vicinity plotting

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:16:27 EST 2011

Thanks for the advice re: all these issues I'm just discovering now. I think I'll make vicinity plotting optionally enableable but off by default, and stop reporting anything as distance-to-station for Coast-of-Africa points.

Also thanks for reminding me to do a load test with a wide-open stream from APRS-IS. I've only had a narrow pipe (50km radius filter) in my testing so far.

Just out of curiosity, what missing fraction do you use for increased-ambiguity positions? Zero digits? Half-way across the span? Random digits like the spec says?

I'm trying to support stacked sites; the user can click on them and see all of the co-located stations and objects. I've seen stacks as high as 5 at one precise location (3 bands of D-star repeater, WX, and digi) in my immediate area. Still trying to decide whether I should sort particular types of stations to the top of the stack, or just leave it arbitrary.

Andrew Pavlin KA2DDO