[aprssig] Meteor shower DX

Dave dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 07:18:18 EST 2011

You'll get even better results, if you elevate your beam, to "see" a
common volume of sky, between you and the intended source of signals.
That should also be the same volume of sky, that the MS shower is
impinging on.

You'll be surprised too, just what comes in on MS, using just a 1/4 wave
at times, especialy in one of the more active showers.

Setting the TNC (or software) to also record All packets, even those in
error, up's the rate too.  Of course, do not digi any such things!

Short packets work better than long of course.

Even all that, doesn't come close to using one of the 'K1JT' software
modes.    http://www.vhfdx.de/wsjt/

But, is posibly easier for some who already have the TNC's and data
recording software.

I don't see why you couldn't do packet versions of traditional MS "QSO's"
with short packets, using the accepted procedures and protocols for voice
type usage.

Have Fun.

Dave G0WBX.