[aprssig] More aloha circle questions

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:53:55 EST 2011

I'm looking at maps in my application, and noticing reports from stations that can't possibly be APRS radio transmitters, because they have letters and/or multiple characters in their SSID (also noticed their path states they were forwarded over the Internet). Presumably, such "stations" shouldn't get range circles or be counted in aloha circle computation.,

For example, in my area look up WA3NOA-RD and WA3NOA-RI (K3JSE-RI and K3JSE-RD, too).

What should be the correct handling of such stations?

Andrew Pavlin KA2DDO