[aprssig] A TNC2 (clone) question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Nov 14 12:27:45 EST 2011

On 11/14/2011 12:17 PM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> For example,  WIDE2-2 becomes WIDE2-1 which becomes WIDE2-0 as a
> packet passes through 3 successive digis.

A bit nit-picking here, but I count only TWO digis in the example.  The
first hears the WIDE2-2 and transmits a WIDE2-1.  The second hears the
WIDE2-1 and transmits the WIDE2-0 which is more commonly shown as WIDE2
(lack of a -SSID implies -0).  In addition, the second digi should also
set the "used" bit in the AX.25 header because it decremented to zero
which is typically then shown as WIDE2*.