[aprssig] Some obscure APRS client questions

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:16:34 EST 2011

Greetings, all.

I was working on my app, and came up with a couple of odd corner cases. Anyone got any ideas/opinions on these?

1. With a receive-only feed (radio or Internet), does it make sense to allow the user to create or edit objects? They can't send them to the public. Is there a need in general to be able to create private objects/items in a local APRS client?

2. Are Aloha circles meaningful to Internet-only clients? If so, where is the center of the circle? I'm assuming that Aloha circles _are_ per-radio, such that a site digipeating between VHF and UHF would have a separate circle for each frequency.

Just curious....

Andrew Pavlin KA2DDO