[aprssig] CFL Bulbs and Shack backup power ;-)

Tim N9PUZ tim.n9puz at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:31:25 EDT 2011

Any experience comparisons between CFL and LED lights?

We have had good luck with CFL bulbs as long as the bulb is vertical and
is not subject to any vibration. Base up or down has no noticeable effect.

Two bedrooms have fixtures where the bulbs are horizontal. They
typically only last 1-5 months.

In our unfinished basement the bulbs are vertical w/base up but there is
some vibration when people walk on the floor above. These never seem to
make it more than 9-10 months.

Tim N9PUZ