[aprssig] TAPR Dayton Solar Talk

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon May 30 21:53:25 EDT 2011

On 5/30/2011 6:18 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
> Interesting.  About 1/3rd of mine are mounted upside down in ceiling fixtures, and I have not noticed any failures...
>
> Bob, WB4APR

I've had some upside down in ceiling cans, and in recessed
completely-enclosed  suspended-ceiling   fixtures with no problems.  These are
15 and 25 watt (actual) CFLs.   A couple of 15W generic indoor-type CFLs have
now survived two Michigan winters outdoors in downward-pointing shades intended
for PAR floods at the head of my mother's exposed car port.

But then, I've had a couple blow in just a couple of months in a benevolent
indoor setting mounted upright......

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net