[aprssig] TAPR Dayton Solar Talk

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Sat May 28 18:50:41 EDT 2011

On 5/28/2011 Bob Bruninga  wrote:

>   But the CFL lasts 10 years!  And every place that sells them accepts them back for re-cycling.

I haven't have one last 2 years yet - my last one lasted 3 weeks.  Guess what, R30-R40 shaped bulbs in ceiling fixtures, side by side on the same circuit, the CFLs last LESS time than the incandescent bulbs on the same fixture - I often HAVE to use CFLs, because it's all the local store stocks - I use them till I can get a bunch of incandescents in, and when they burn out, I put incandescents in

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)