[aprssig] Just my 2 cents worth on smart beaconing

Julian, G4ILO julian.g4ilo at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:14:26 EDT 2011

Not wishing to be too controversial but I thought that APRS was not a
position tracking system and the main purpose of sending position
beacons was only to show you are in a particular area. I never use
smart beaconing and find a beacon interval based on distance travelled
or time elapsed to be adequate in all situations.

Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com