[aprssig] SSTV camera from Argent

Mark Conner mconner1 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 18:13:45 EDT 2011

I purchased one of these cameras late last year and hope to have it
integrated into an APRS-equipped balloon payload for a flight later this
year.  The main thing I'm working on is to add a PICAXE chip to send the
module a serial string to incorporate my callsign into the image for ID.
When it's powered up it always uses a default string from the firmware and
needs to be overridden each time.

With the low weight and power consumption it's a great improvement over
flying a Kenwood VC-H1.  In the past the VC-H1 has broadcast images that
were received over 150 miles away with excellent quality.

73 de Mark N9XTN
www.nstar.org