[aprssig] APRN news from Dayton!

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Mon May 23 09:32:55 EDT 2011

This is why we really need to start dealing with consumer smart devices.
Practically, smart phones and devices like the iPad2 and others with cameras of
similar nature, have the ability to make TCP connections to a network available
IP->TNC->RF gateway.  This is where the future is for vastly more cost effective
advanced digital data streams.  The Ham radio manufacturers are never going to
support anything close to what is possible there.

The iPad in particular also has the SDHC card adapter and can import pictures
taken from a digital camera of any nature using such media.  You can then use
software there to publish such pictures for APRSN kinds of uses.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW