[aprssig] Dayton APRS Forum

Frank or Barbara Rossi N3FLR at Bellatlantic.net
Tue May 17 14:44:07 EDT 2011

Bob,

      It would be great if you or someone could talk about G4HYG -
Chris's  APRS Messenger program at the Forum.
I don't know if you ever tried it before, I think it is the best thing
for HF APRS that has came along in years.
It will RX all the PSK, QPSK and GMSK APRS modes at the same time, and
it now has support for the standard AX25 HF APRS with the addition of
the AX25-SCS program. You have to choose what mode you want to be the TX
mode out of all the available modes.
The PSK, QPSK and GMSK modes are very robust modes on HF. All work in
much more noise and lower signals strength.
Use all the HF APRS modes at the same time using the computer sound card
as the TNC on the same HF Radio.
The  PSK, QPSK and GMSK APRS modes are 300hz below the standard AX25 APRS.
Chris is upgrading the program weekly. Current version 3.04 does have an
AX25 TX bug that Chris is working on.
I have worked out the setup details to do all the new modes and AX25 at
the same time.
Need to get more people in the USA using it. All software is free and
available at:
http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger.htm
You will also need the AX25-SCS program available on that page.
N3FLR - Frank