[aprssig] Anyone in Las Vegas - LightSquared Test To Begin Monday

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 00:46:09 EDT 2011

Yes.  It won't "down" an airliner.  They will always have inertial navigation for the foreseeable future because it relies on nothing external to the craft, but that is a red herring.
  The fact is that it is stupid and, I guess a direct insult to those who did careful spectrum planning based on good knowledge of radio technology and the laws of physics.  That band was set aside for "low" power satellite transmitters and because we know receivers are not ideal.
LightSquared is trying to blame the GPS receivers.
This is simply another example that the FCC has no knowledge...BPL, First Responder bill, now this.

Short form: Follow the money.

I want my APRS to work everywhere...[see.  On topic]
--
73, Steve, K9DCI