[aprssig] APRS messaging (was Re: How to do a HIKING APRS event!)

Phil N6TCT phil_aprssig at lapsley.org
Tue May 10 14:41:17 EDT 2011

Yes.  Let me chime in with two comments.  One is to again mention
PocketPacket for the iPhone, an APRS TNC/modem and messaging interface
that connects directly to your radio:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocketpacket/id336500866

The other is the Ben NanoNote $99 hand-held computer.  It could easily
make for a wonderful APRS UI; with a 366 MHz processor it might even
have enough oomph to run a software modem.
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote

I have no connection to either of the above, I just think both are cool,
and both could be used to give a UI much better than fiddling with the
horrible UIs on most radios.

Phil, N6TCT