[aprssig] FBI Equivalent Of An APRS Tracker

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 23:05:30 EDT 2011

So many adjustments!   UHF "APRS"...

The transceiver chip looks pretty interesting.  Too bad they didn't figure out what the frequency was.  Looks like a SAW resonator on the board (RFM RFI172)  It didn't search on the RFM site:
http://www.rfm.com/products/sawresonators.php

Then, what's that that looks like an unencapsulated ceramic chip by the MAX chip on the RF board??

The chip above the ZEMICX chip a memory   ???4008CAAA  8k memory ??
Perhaps it stores the data and regurgitates it on command.

If you want ZEMICS App note(s) and data sheet(s).  There's several:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/XE1201-datasheet.html

Now that I've used the X-Bee modules and have some, I'd be inclined to use them...

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)