[aprssig] recommendations for 9600 TNC

ml41782 ml41782 at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 10:07:48 EDT 2011

I'm looking at my options for expanding APRS using 9600 baud in my area. I have been testing with 9600 on UHF for some time now with fair to good success. I actually prefer UHF. I'm getting ready to test this now on the VHF side. I have the VHF radios  what I'm looking for is a cheaper way to do the TNC other than a KPC 9612.

I was so hoping over the past year that argent data systems and or Byonics would have come out with a TNC that would both tx and rx at 9600.

I'm plannning on doing this right along side of my other Digi's and use a set of cans at each location to allow both 1200 (144.390 ) / 9600 ( 145.010 )  to work

Any thoughts ?